Anona United Methodist Church, located in Largo, Florida, is an inclusive church with both a pioneering and innovative spirit in our 150-year history. Anona is seeking an Organist/Associate Director of Traditional Worship to provide inspirational organ and piano music, along with worship leadership support for our Traditional Worship services.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Email a resume, and links to videos playing organ and piano to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support and uplift Traditional worship services through inspirational and well-prepared organ and piano music.
- Prepare music for weddings, funerals, and other special events as needed.
- Work with the Executive Pastor and Pastoral Team on Traditional worship planning.
- Provide accompaniment support for the Wednesday choir and directing and accompaniment support for additional Traditional worship groups and ensembles.
- Organize, schedule, and rehearse soloists, ensembles, and other musical groups as needed to support the Traditional worships services.
- Participate in regular coaching sessions with the Executive Pastor, and regular meetings with the worship teams and church Program Directors.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organ and piano skills, and experience in leading musical groups in worship.
- Experience in leading inspirational Traditional worship services with excellence.
- Organizational and planning skills in communicating and scheduling of worship groups and services (knowledge of Planning Center Online and ProPresenter software helpful).
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn Anona’s culture and values.
- A degree in Music is preferred.
- Demonstrated musical abilities in organ performance, piano accompaniment, and leading musical groups.