FROM THE DEAN
We ended our season on a high note last weekend with a closing dinner and officer installation held at St. Luke UMC. A number of thanks are due:
- The volunteer cooks at St. Luke UMC, Harriet and Dale, who prepared the meal and then donated 100% of the profit to the Pack-A-Sack program providing weekend meals for local elementary students.
- Peggy BeVille who hosted and coordinated.
- District Convener Stephen Allen who presided over the installation.
- Outgoing board members Carol Alexander and Mark Prater.
- Incoming board members Jan Highsmith and Bradley Swope.
As we slow down for summer, I encourage you to begin thinking of who you might invite to join our chapter this coming year. As you know from recruiting for ensembles within the church, the best way to bring in new members is through a personal invitation. I challenge each of us to make contact with two people currently not a member of the AGO (organists, pianists, music directors, pastors, or organ enthusiasts) and invite them to join our chapter. For those currently serving in a church, connect with another local musician in your denomination and encourage them to join. Who knows…they might like it!
Your new executive board will meet in June to plan monthly events for the 2022-2023 season. What are some of your favorites from years past? Let us know!
Shawn Thomas, Dean